How do I register to vote? Were do I get information on the issues?
To find If you are registered to vote and/or to which party, click here
TO REGISTER TO VOTE CONTACT:
San Diego County Registrar of Voters
5600 Overland Ave., Suite 100 (Kearny Mesa)
P.O. Box 85656
San Diego CA 92186-5656
Website: http://www.sdvote.com -- Email: email@example.com
- THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER BEFORE THE JUNE 5, 2018 ELECTION is May 21, 2018. Online or postmark by mail must be by that day. Or you can conditionally register and vote at the San Diego County elections office after the 15-day voter registration deadline.
- In-Person Voting is available starting May 10, 2018, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday and on Election Day 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Vote-by-Mail - One Time Request
If you wish to vote by mail but do not wish to be a permanent mail ballot voter, you can submit an application specific to the election you wish to vote. The request must be received by the Registrar's office no later than 7 days prior the election. Click here to request a mail ballot from the ROV for the upcoming election and get more important information about returning your mail ballot.
MID-TERM GENERAL ELECTION NOVEMBER 6, 2018
SPECIAL ELECTIONS: May occur at other times.
You must re-register if you:
- have changed your address
- your name
- or your party affiliation.
To Vote you must be:
- a U.S. Citizen
- 18 years of age
- and a registered voter for 15 days
You can pre-register to vote if:
- you are 16 or 17 years of age
- your registration becomes active on your 18th birthday
- more info here
Where to Vote
- Before an election, a sample ballot is sent to each registered voter telling the precinct number, the address of the assigned
- Absentee or voting by mail
If you are unable to vote in person,
you can apply for a vote-by-mail ballot by contacting the Registrar of Voters from the 60th to the 7th day before election day. Or you use the application on the back cover of the sample ballot.
Why Bother To Vote
- Your vote does make a difference.
Elections have been won by only one vote.
American democracy is a participatory form of government.
- Express your opinion - voting gives you the power. Voting is the most important right of citizenship because it is
the only means you have of preserving all your other rights.
About the League of Women Voters
For over 90 years, the League of Women Voters has encouraged informed and active participation of all citizens in government.
The League does not support or oppose any political party or any candidate for public office.
Its mission is:
- To promote voter registration and provide unbiased information to voters through League publications, and sponsorship of candidates and issues forums.
- To speak out on local, state, and national issues, based on League positions arrived at after member study.
Use these links to get more informed for this election and anytime you want to learn about our government
How Did Congress Vote?
More election info from the League of Women Voters California Ed Fund
Ballot Information Sites
Click here for the Legislative Analyst's proposition analysis and other reports.
Click here for California Secretary of State.
Click here to do a quick search of Congressional Record information
Click here for the Federal Elections Commission website
The League Launches New Online Voter Guide, Voter's Edge California
Get the facts before you vote on November 8, 2016! Visit votersedge.org/ca before Election Day:
- Use your address to get a personalized ballot.
- Get in-depth info on candidates, measures, and who supports them.
- Check where, when, and how to vote.
- Keep track of your choices and use them to vote.
Share and start the conversation!
Read more about Voter's Edge California
. Like the LWVCEF on Facebook
and follow us on Twitter
Archives of past elections are still available with election results on Smart Voter
Easy Voter Guide
Clicking on the icon will take you to the Easy Voter website.
Click here to upload a pdf of the current Easy Voter Guide in English. Aqui en Espanol.
LWV North County San Diego
P.O.Box 131272 -- Carlsbad, CA 92013 -- 760-736-1608
Please help us keep our important work going. Donate today!